Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Douglas and Juliet's Wedding!!


My brother, Douglas, and Juliet got married on Valentine's Day. The week of their wedding is when the girls got RSV. We were DEVASTATED because we didn't think we were going to be able to go (Shane was supposed to do the wedding and sing and I had a VERY important role...makeup! :). The girls kept getting worse and my hopes of us being able to make the trip became less and less as the week progressed. There was absolutely NO way the girls could make the trip. I was so sad because we had already missed so many significant events in Douglas's life this past year (Landon's birth, Douglas baptism-he became a Christian this past fall- and now we were going to miss his wedding, too). Well, on Friday morning (the day before the wedding), Shane told me that he was going to stay and watch/take care of the girls so that I could go to the wedding. That meant SOOOO much to me! Did I mention that I have the most precious husband in the world?? His mom graciously drove down 9 hours and helped out while I was gone. SO, I got in the car and drove 8 hours (by myself in COMPLETE silence :)....it was wonderful :). The wedding was incredible. It's been so cool to see how the Lord has and is continuing to redeem my brother, Juliet and their family. God's grace is so amazing.


The Bride and Groom!


The Wedding Party. Landon was pulled down the aisle in a red wagon...how cute!


Douglas with Landon and his stepson, Ashton


Me with Douglas and Emily (my sister)


The Fam


Kaylea, my neice, was the flowergirl and Ashton was the ringbearer. How cute are they?!

No comments: