Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Christmas Trip...Part 3 (better late than never :)


After we left Jay, we headed to Georgia to visit Shane's fam. To make the trip slightly more bearable, we stopped halfway in Montgomery to stay the night (thanks to the Smiths for letting us crash at your house :). We got to visit with our good friends, BK and Delta and their hilarious boys. They work for an inner-city ministry in Montgomery called Common Ground. They recently renovated this building in their neighborhood and made it into a community center. It was SO cool. Isn't this painting on the wall AMAZING? Love you guys! It was SO great to see ya'll!


The girls LOVED opening presents this year. Here they are with Uncle Lance (the very bearded one :) opening their first gifts in Georgia.


Cell phones! Yay! Exactly what they needed! Maybe they will leave my cell phone alone now :) Thanks Uncle Lance and Aunt Julia!


"Excuse me, can you PLEASE pipe down...Can't you see I'm on the phone!"


They loved the huge Doodle Pro Uncle B and Aunt Marcia Lynn got them. They are still fighting over it!



They also got babies from Aunt Julia and Uncle Lance. Gabbie is currently OBSESSED with shoes....as you can see from these two pics...



Trying on their new cool shoes...


Jocie's hair in a very cute ponytail...


Jocie's hair 2 minutes later after she takes the ponytail out.....


They are currently in LOVE with Elmo so Gran and HayHay got them each an Elmo baby that also had his own paci. And, of course, they needed baby carriers for their Elmo's as well :)



Second favorite gift from Gran and HayHay were these Walmart grocery buggies (ok, I know some of you "not country" people call them carts, but they will always be buggies to me :)


Aunt Marcia-Lynn and Gabbie enjoying a snack (or coffee) together. Too cute!


Jocelyn eating dinner with her baby attached to her tray. This has become a MUST. They will not eat unless their baby (or babies) are all piled up on their tray as well. It's insane.


Uncle B and Aunt Marcia-Lynn playing with the girls...


Our great friends, Justin and Leah stopped by the Sham for New Year's Eve. It was so great to see them! They have two girls as well. This was the best shot I could get of all four girls...



The girls playing with Gran...



Jocelyn and HayHay (and Elmo, of course)



Aunt Beth "gettin" Jocie. They have the EXACT same hair!



Daddy performing his nightly ritual :)


Mama and Jocie :)



We got to hang out with the Ak's while we were in GA. Here is Country Chris and Shane (posing, of course)


Their sweet new addition, Eli. How cute!!


Me and April


On New Year's Eve we hung out over at Chris and April's with Shane's brothers and some other good friends. It was the first time in YEARS (17, to be exact for Shane, 13 for me) that we weren't at the New Year's Conference. That's crazy! Here are all the boys...


New Year's Eve pic..



I know I have mentioned before that they girls travel HORRIBLY. This trip was no different. It was a nightmare, as usual. They literally screamed for 11 hours in the car as we drove from north GA back to Orlando. There was actually 4 minutes in the car when they weren't screaming. (yes, we timed it) I took a picture of them during this precious, very brief block of time. We called both of our families on the way back and told them we were never leaving Orlando again until we moved. Period. They are just THAT insane in the car! We even tried benedryl......didn't touch them. BUT, now that I have had a few weeks to recover, I'll probably reconsider the "I'm never leaving again" vow....we shall see. HOWEVER, despite our traveling woes, it was so fabulous to see our friends and family over the Christmas holidays!!!!

3 comments:

The McNeills said...

Great pics. I'm with you on the traveling thing. On our last trip (aka the 3 day trip from... you know) I swore I wouldn't voluntarily leave RI until we moved. I plan on keeping that promise. I agree. It's really that bad.
And, I call them buggies too. My husband still thinks I'm crazy.
And did you color your hair? It looks darker. So pretty!
That's long. I should have just emailed. :)

April said...

YEAH! I've been waiting for Christmas part 3 to arrive. It was great to see you guys too. Guess we'll see you when you move. :)

JD and Danielle said...

I love your hair curly! I wish we could have joined you guys over New Year's but JD was working.
And I am amazed at how many years you guys spent at New Year's Conference! Wow!!!!!!!