Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Quotes to remember

So for about 6 months now I have been jotting down things the girls have said that I wanted to remember. I didn't mean for 6 months to pass before I posted them, but as we all know, time just seems to fly by and here I am 6 months later finally writing them on here. I LOVE reading friends' blogs or FB pages that have funny quotes from their kids on there. I've been waiting for the day when mine would say hilarious one-liners or "make me pee-my-pants" conversations. Here are some of those that I want to post so that I will remember them :)

1. Me: Gabbie I can't believe how tall and big you are getting! When you were a baby you were so itty bitty and now look how big you are!?!?
Gabbie: I big now, Momma?
Me: Yes, you are SOOOO big!
Gabbie: Does that mean I can drive now???

2. Me: Gabbie you better NOT pee-pee in your pants (as she holds herself swearing she doesn't have to got potty). You need to go pee-pee in the potty right now.
Gabbie: I don't have to pee-pee.
Me: Yes you do. You better go pee in the potty. Little girls only pee-pee in the potty, not in their pants.
Gabbie: Yea mommy, I can only go pee-pee in the potty OR in the grass.
(Awesome. When we would be swimming at a pool or playing at a park and the potty was too far away, I would have them just pee in the grass. Now she thinks that's normal :)

3. (during our MANY night-time going-to-bed battles) Me: Gabbie, are you telling mommy the truth? Do you really have to go pee-pee?
Gabbie: Yes, I have to pee-pee.
Me: Because if you are lying to mommy, I am going to have to spank you and take pinkle baby (her FAVORITE baby) away for the night. Do you understand??
Gabbie: Yes, mommy. I have to go pee-pee.
(Go to the bathroom. She sits there for 5 minutes and doesn't pee. I KNOW that she lied and so does she)
Me: Gabbie did you lie to mommy?
Gabbie: (After a few seconds of silence) Yes.
Me: What has to happen since you lied to mommy?
Gabbie: I don't want a spank! Please don't take my pinkle baby!!! (said in complete desperation)
Me: I have to discipline you because you lied Gabbie. God does not want us to lie. I love you too much to let you lie to mommy. You have to learn to tell the truth.
Gabbie: (dramatically weeping at this point) mommyyyyyyyyy....call me Grace, mommy, pleeeeeease.
Me: What??
Gabbie: Call me Grace!
(Shane walks in and hears all of this going down)
Me: What do you mean, call you Grace?
Gabbie: Like daddy did, mommy, call me Grace and let me keep my pinkle baby....
Shane: Ummmm, I think she means "show me grace" b/c the other night she lied to me and chose to "show her grace" and not give her a spank and take her baby away.
Gabbie: yea, that's it. Call me Grace, Mommy, PLEEEEASE.

4. (Jocelyn woke up early from her nap. Gabbie was still sleeping. After a while, I needed to wake Gabbie up b/c she had been asleep for so long and I wanted her to be able to go to sleep at a decent hour that night) Me: No, Jocie, let me go in there by myself to wake Gabbie up b/c she may get scared.
Jocie: (laughing) Mommy, I Jocie. I not a dragon!

5. Jocie (running inside from being in the backyard): Mommy!!! Look come outside!! I found a roller coaster!!!
Me: You found a what?
Jocie: A roller coaster!!! Hurry mommy! Come see!
Me: Ok (very curious to see the roller coaster she found in the backyard)
Jocie (holding up a small bucket with a little worm thingy in it): See mommy! A roller coaster!!
Me: Oh, Jocie, I think you mean a roly poly!

6. Preface: Many of you know that Shane played football in college and used to work out with really heavy weights and such back then. One of his big fears is developing "man boobs"...aka...you have big firm chest muscles while you are working out, but then when you stop working out as much, the chest muscles can become saggy and take on the appearance of "man boobs".
Shane is in the bedroom changing clothes and doesn't have a shirt on.
Jocie (walks in and starts laughing and pointing): Daddy!! your boobies look like pineapples!!
Shane: Great. I have man boobs. Awesome.

7. Shane (putting Gabbie to bed): Night-night Gabbie. See you in the morning.
Gabbie: Night-night daddy.
Shane (stepping on something in the dark): Ouch!!
Gabbie: Did you get hurt daddy??
Shane: No, baby, I'm ok. I just stepped on something on the floor because I can't see since the light is off.
Gabbie: Yea, daddy, you can't see because your eyes are dark.

8. Shane: ok, girls, what did we say this first candle meant about Jesus? (Talking about advent)
Gabbie: Ummmmmm
Jocie: Ummmmmm
Shane: Remember, we lit it and said it meant Jesus was......
Gabbie: Ummmmm
Jocie: Ummmmm
Shane: Remember...Jesus isn't darkness, He is.....
Jocie: I know daddy!! Jesus is SUNNY!!!!
Shane (laughing hard): yes, Joc, I guess that is the same thing as Light :)

9. Jocie (after sitting in the same position on the couch for a good while): ahhhhhh!! Daddy!! come here and help me!!
Shane: What's wrong?
Jocie: Help my leg! (As she is rubbing her leg with both of her hands)
Shane: What did you do to it?
Jocelyn: Nothing, daddy! It just has bugs and rice on it!! (first time her leg had ever went to sleep and that's how she described it :)

10. (as we are doing the advent candle and talking about how the wise men gave baby Jesus gifts when they came to see him)
Me: What gift would you want to give to Jesus if you had been there when he was born?
Jocie (without hesitating for even a second): A Popsickle!!!
Gabbie: I would give him a soft brown bear!

I LOVE hearing what comes out of their mouths these days (minus the talking back, screaming, fighting, arguing, etc :). I hope to post quotes more frequently as they happen vs. waiting for months at a time :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!! Keep them coming!

Jennifer Bergoon said...

I seriously laughed out loud (especially at the "man boob" one......HA). Love this!

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

so, going along with the man boob thing, matt was laying in bed on his side, so he had a little clevage going on...molly looks at him points at his chest and says, daddy, what's your butt doing?? lolol! i guess she thought his "clevage" looked like a butt crack...on his chest...awesome! ha