Monday, March 16, 2009

Our girls are ONE!?!???!?!


On Friday, the girls turned ONE YEAR OLD!!! What?!?!? I can't believe it! On one hand, I don't know where this year has gone and on the other hand, this year has felt like 100 years :) We had their 1st Birthday party on Saturday. It was SO much fun! You could definitely tell the girls had polar opposite personalities at the party...Jocelyn wanted to play with everyone and was all over the place...Gabbie liked mommy and daddy...that's all :) The big crowd scene is not her style :) We had some family come, lots of friends from here, and a few surprise visits from some friends from Mobile!!


Here is their cake. The picture turned out way better than I had expected. I asked them not to put roses on it....they did anyway :)

They didn't know what to think of their cakes at first....



YUMMMM....this tastes pretty good....


After a few minutes, Gabbie realized everyone was staring at her....she didn't like that too much :)


Jocelyn LOVED her cake....to say the least....


Gabbie calmed down for a few minutes and dug into hers as well....


Jayden sneaking some of Jocelyn's cake while she wasn't looking...


WOW....I'm thirsty!!!


The girls got lots of cute clothes and fun toys along with these cool cars from Gran!


Amy gave me a great idea....take a tablecloth and each year at their party have everyone sign it. What a great keepsake!


Uncle Lance, Uncle Bryan and Shane playing with Jocelyn


Jocelyn and Gran



Shay (along with her kiddos) and Annie drove all the way from Mobile for the girl's birthday! It wa SOOOOO great to see you guys! Thanks so much for coming!

3 comments:

JD and Danielle said...

LaJuan-that is great. Happy Birthday to the girls. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow? I wish we could have been there. Miss you guys!

Katie said...

What a wonderful and precious thing!! It's so unbelievable that they are a year, that you can joyfully experience it, everything!!! So sad I couldn't be there but I can't waaaaaaaaaaait to see you in April...it will be wonderful! I love you my friend!

Renae Moore said...

How much fun! I love how you dress them NOT alike! So adorable...congratulations.
Love and hugs...Renae and Mike