Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sneaky, Sneaky, Sneaky...

So the girls are in the middle of the "nap transition"...where they go from taking a nap in the morning and afternoon to just taking one in the afternoon. It has been a pretty hard transition for them (and for me!). Right now they are still so tired that I have to put them down for their nap by 11:30 or 12 and so they get up around 1:30 or 2 MEANING...there are still LOTS of hours left in the day to find things to do with them, etc. etc.....By late afternoon they are crazy and very, very fussy....SO, why I am writing all this?? OK, so yesterday during this crazy, fussy time I actually got them to sit down in their booster/reading chairs and gave them their Doodle Pros and they actually started playing quietly and drawing, etc. (this was a small miracle). SOOOO, while they were quiet, I thought it would be a perfect time to check my email...I mean, it would only take me a couple of minutes....so, I walk across the room to the computer and start checking my email (my back was to them). As I was reading my emails, I was thinking to myself that I couldn't believe that they were being SO good and not fussing, not fighting, not anything...just playing quietly...FINALLY! Well, lo and behold, a couple of minutes later I glance back over to them to get a glimpse of this beautiful, quiet, late afternoon moment and to my horror (and unbelievable amusement) I see this:



These are my zillion (slight exaggeration) recipe cards that WERE neatly filed and organized in a plastic container that WAS on my bookshelf.

I was so easily deceived!! They are SO sneaky!



Please notice Jocelyn "swimming" through the recipe cards. I'm so proud. Of course Gabbie is still sitting quietly in her chair as she carries out the act :)

So much for my beautiful, quiet moment....but, hey, if you ever need something messed up in record time, you know who to call. Nice work ladies....nice work...






1 comment:

Merrill said...

they want to learn how to cook LJ. That much is obvious. Hilarious