Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Randomness...

Getting ready for church (or for anywhere for that matter) is always a hectic ordeal. Getting the girls dressed, dressing myself, packing a huge diaper bag, etc. etc....you know the drill. Anyways, a couple of weeks ago we get to church and we are walking up to the building entrance (which is made of windows) and I see our reflection and suddenly realize that I had dressed the girls in polka dot dresses and that I, too, put on a polka dot dress completely not realizing that mine was the SAME exact color as Gabbie's (since everyone thinks we look just alike anyways :) SOOOO, needless to say, it totally looked like I planned for all 3 of us to wear polka dots to church. I'm not a fan of "matching" family outfits (no offense to those who are fans...just not my cup of tea)...So, it was hilarious to me that we were triplets....


One day last week the girls became obsessed with these little mesh thingys that you can put ice cubes into and suck on. They thought it was SOOOO funny. They used these back when they were first teething months and months ago, but haven't used them since. It's so crazy how they think they are new toys since they haven't seen them in a while.

Jocelyn sharing her ice cube with Gabbie....


When Gabbie woke up from her nap the other day she was bloody-murder screaming (I was not alarmed, however, because she always screams when she wakes up :). Anyways, when I went in to get her, this is what I find. Poor thing...how she gets her leg in there is beyond me b/c it is SOOOO hard to get out. She got her leg stuck in the slats 3 times last week. Fun, Fun, Fun....

The girls (esp Jocelyn) is OBSESSED with balloons....I mean, obsessed is not even a strong enough word...but it will have to do...Gabbie likes them too, but usually gets tired of hers after a few minutes. Jocelyn then takes Gabbie's tossed balloon and carries them both around with her. She will not let go of them for ANYTHING.

Gabbie getting brave.... :)


Gabbie doesn't like to carry the balloon around....she finds other uses...


Jocelyn pushing Gabbie down the slide...while she is holding on to her balloon..of course

The future's so bright....I gotta wear shades...

Last week the girls walked over to the screen and looked out and saw the water on the ground. At the same time they pointed and said "wada...wada...wada". It was so cute! Then right after that, Jocelyn pointed to a plane that was flying by the house and shouted "errrpane...errrpane". It's amazing to actually hear them say words!

Puzzle time....our kiddos are growing up SO fast!!! They look like teenagers!! :)

Lego time! The girls love playing with Jayden's legos....especially in a 1 foot by 1 foot area :)


I found this kitchen set (along with the table from the puzzle picture and several other fun items) on craigslist. The kiddos LOVE the kitchen. It's so funny to watch them cook and taste their imaginary food. Jocelyn is stirring up something really yummy....


Almost every afternoon it comes a horrible thunderstorm here. Well the other day we (me and Amy) were not able to put the kids in the bathtub b/c it was lightening really bad. We decided to stand them up on the kitchen cabinet and wipe them down with a wet cloth. Here is a picture of Jocelyn's footprints when she stood up on the counter. Obviously, she was just a "little" bit dirty :)

3 comments:

JD and Danielle said...

I thought the 3 of you looked adorable in your matching polka dots! :)

Demetrius and Amy said...

great post! oh and i LOVED how they all look like they are nicely playing puzzles in a calm orderly fashion. not sure how you made the pic look so calm and school-like but I like it!

Ariel said...

They are growing up TOO fast! I can't wait to see you guys again.

I have to agree with Danielle- I liked the matching polka dot outfits, too!