Thursday, July 30, 2009

Retreat!!!!

Melonie (above middle) is a year ahead of Shane in the counseling program. This past year she offered to facilitate a small group for the wives of the first year counseling students. The group includes me, Amy, Jenn (above left), Melonie, and Ellen (wasn't able to make the trip :( We have been meeting every week for the past several 7 or so months. It has been awesome for all of us to have a place where we can share what is going on with us and walk through "life" together. This past weekend we had a "retreat". We stayed at a condo in Sarasota (thank you Johnson family!!). Our husbands all volunteered to watch our children so we could really have a retreat :) .....MAJOR PROPS to them!!

We had an incredible time! We had time to share with each other, journal, read, rest, play...etc etc!! On Saturday we spent the day at Siesta Beach. OK...so I was super pumped about the beach because it had been 2 WHOLE YEARS since I have laid eyes on the beach....yes, 2 years. I am not exaggerating. I LOVE the beach and didn't realize how long it had actually been since I had felt the powder sugar sand between my toes and seen the vast clear blue/green water of the ocean....ok...you get the point....I was pumped. The Lord made the day perfect...beautiful weather, gorgeous water, a breeze to keep you cool....need I say more???

Just taking it all in....

I was just a little excited....:) May I also mention that I have NEVER stepped foot onto a beach before with my body being this WHITE!!! I think I blinded everyone out there!!

Amy is serious about sun protection...way to go Mamie!!

Melonie had given us some "heart" questions to journal about while we were at the beach. I totally used to take it for granted having all the time I wanted to read, journal, or whatever. Now (after kids) having that time is a RARE TREASURE!!!


The pool/back porch of the condo we stayed in...yes, it was amazing!!


I got to have some make-up fun with Jenn and Melonie :)

Melonie cooked up an incredible meal for us on Saturday...seafood kabobs....yummy!!

No comments: