Tuesday, October 6, 2009

GOMOTT...whoop, whoop!!

GOMOTT..aka.. Greater Orlando Mothers of Twins and Triplets. This is the multiples group I am a member of down here in Orlando. Twice a year they put on an enormous consignment sale. Members get to come an hour early and shop before the general public can enter. People line up for hours before the doors open....in other words...it's a big deal :) SO....anywhooo, a few weeks ago they had their fall sale. Back in August I signed up to be a seller in this sale. (only the first like 30 people to sign up can actually sell). It's really organized and detailed. You have to use these special tags with your GOMOTT member on them and tag each item. You make 90% of what you sell and the other 10% goes to the Ronald McDonald House charity. Anyways, I started tagging back at the end of August (the sale wasn't until Oct. 3rd). I wanted to get a head start. I didn't really know how long it was going to take me to tag everything I was selling.....WELL...it took me 6 weeks!!!! Yes, that is right, 6 whole weeks. Every night after the girls would go to bed, I would set up my tagging station and tag and tag and tag....by the end of the 6 weeks, I was SOOOO over it...very ready to be done with the tagging. On Friday you have to go set up (I was there from like 2pm till 10pm). My mom and grandma came down to help with the girls for the weekend (thanks!). 0 Then Saturday you have to be there at 6:30am to work the sale. Then you have to stay after and break down everything, clean-up, etc. It was a long weekend. I was very tired. I really didn't know how I did at the sale because when it was over, I felt like I was bringing alot of stuff (esp. clothes) back home with me. I was thinking that the 6 weeks of tagging every single night wasn't really worth it. Well, my friends, I was wrong!! I got my check in the mail and I make $1000 at the sale!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! It was SOOOO worth it! Yay for GOMOTT!!

Here is a few pics from the sale:


Car seat anyone?



The stuffed animals were cheering all the shoppers on from the bleachers...funny :)

a million toys...

girl shoes

boy shoes

1 comment: