Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Festivities!!


My entire family came down here and stayed with us for the week of Thanksgiving. My mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, and their two children stayed here at our house (the Summervilles got to go stay at the beach for a week which allowed extra space for my family....thanks guys!!) My sister, brother-in-law, and their daughter stayed with our great friends Josh and Stacey (thanks to you as well!!). I also had two sets of Aunts and Uncles and cousins come down as well. They stayed at Disney. My parents got here one day before the rest of my family so we took them to Seaworld. They had never been and we knew they would love it (we have been once before and it is definitely one of our favorite parks down here). We opted to get babysitters for the girls so we could actually enjoy our day at Seaworld :)

Here we are about to watch Shamu....we decided to sit really high in the stands so we wouldn't get drenched :)


Me & Momma; Shane & Daddy



Very cool Christmas tree


I even got my parents (and Shane) to ride Seaworld's newest roller coaster, the Manta. I need to mention that my parents have never ridden anything close to a ride like this. I was AMAZED that they got on it. I thought that all 3 of them were going to have heart-attacks before the ride even began! We did all survive, however, when it came to a stop, my dad looked slightly green. He then said that one more loop and everybody behind him on the ride would have been covered in throw-up. Glad he was able to hold it down! It was an AWESOME roller coaster by the way!


While all my family was visiting, my bestest friend ever came to visit us for a few hours. Kari and Abraham were heading down to South Florida for their family Thanksgiving and decided to fly into Orlando so they could come see us!! We haven't seen them since they got married back in April. It was SO GREAT to see you guys (but way too short!)




My family spent 3 days going to different Disney parks. It was their first Disney experience. It was also Thanksgiving week and everyone on the planet (at least 90% of the population) goes to Disney during Thanksgiving week. So, when you put those two facts together...let's just say...they had an interesting few days :) One day I kept my nephew, Landon, so that my brother and sister-in-law could have a little more "freedom" to enjoy Disney. He is so cute and so much more layed back than my two. The girls showed him the ropes pretty quickly. Here is Jocelyn and Gabbie showing him how to get into the pantry and the recycle bin and play with all the nasty containers that are in it :) The also showed him how to get into the spice rack, open the spices and pour all the spices on the floor (I wasn't in the mood to snap a pic of that :).....and they were able to show him all of this during the 2 minutes that I was going to the bathroom. They are good...




One night, I took the girls (Shane had clinic...nice) and drove to Downtown Disney and met my whole family (Aunts, Uncles and cousins included) at a restaurant called the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. It was like 30-something people....yes, I did call ahead and make reservations, thankfully. I got there early so I took the girls for a ride on the carousal. They actually loved it despite their (I'm not a big fan of this) faces on the above pic :)


The girls were trying to talk MawMaw and PawPaw into getting these enormous, severely overpriced rain frogs for them :)


About half of our clan....I couldn't get everyone in one picture



My sister, Emily, her husband, Josh and their daughter Kaylea


My brother, Uncle "D", with Gabbie



This was the first time that I have ever cooked an entire Thanksgiving meal (my mom did help me, thankfully :). It was ALOT of work. I am now way more thankful for all the people that usually cook Thanksgiving dinner while I sit around and do nothing!



It was SO great having all my family together down here for Thanksgiving. Here is a pic of my immediate family minus the girls. They were napping. (yay for naps!)



Me with my brother and sister



They all rented a minivan and drove down together. They were definitely packed like sardines :)

So glad all of you got to come!! We love ya'll!!

2 comments:

JD and Danielle said...

I am so glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with your family. And the amazing thing to me-you are wearing short sleeves and shorts in your pictures!

--Shelley said...

chip says, "your daddy has on a sweet tee"

btw we will be in mobile this weekend.