Sunday, June 19, 2011

My 35th!!

On June 8th I turned the big 3-5. Yes, it's true. I am officially in my mid-30's. I've been denying it for a long time but I've finally decided to own up. I remember when I was way younger I thought people in their 30's were SOOOOO old. Now that I am one of those SOOOO old people (and have been for quite sometime now:) I can't believe I thought that the 30's were old. I mean, I don't feel SOOO old, so I guess the old sayin is true...."you are only as old as you feel" :)

The girls put on their "party hats", as is their custom on birthdays, and sang me happy birthday at the top of their lungs. It was SO cute!
Then they took turns giving me birthday kissies :)

I love them so much!


That night Shane got a sitter and took me out to Bonefish for my birthday. We had gotten a coupon in the mail from them back in May for our anniversary, so we thought we would put it to good use. We were super pumped to find out when we got there that it was $5 Bang Bang shrimp night!! Whoop freakin whoop!

Waiting for our table....
I took the above picture by just holding out my arm as far as I could. This guy (who had obviously had a few) saw me trying to take a picture and walked over and asked if he could take it for me. Why not? I asked him to get a close-up. I guess it looked close-up to him :)
Fabulous Fresh Blueberry martini....don't mind if I do....
We ordered Bang Bang for dinner and consumed them so quickly I forgot to snap a pic :) We finished the night off with this unbelievable strawberry shortcake. Yum. Yum. Yum. Thanks for such a wonderful birthday dinner, Shane!!
The day after my birthday some fabulous friends..Annie, Morgan, and Shay...surprised me and took me out to Fuego for another night of birthday celebration! Shane was working late so Scott offered to keep the girls for me. THANK YOU! Here are all the kiddos watching a youtube video right before we left. They were mesmerized :)
Fuego had the best chips and salsa I've ever tasted....I had already eaten dinner at Annie's, but that didn't stop me from consuming a massive amount...

The chicas...
Shay had a fresh mango and strawberry marg. It was delicious. And the glass was way fun, too :)
Morgan went for the original marg....oldie, but a goodie :)
Annie and her yummy raspberry tea :)
Drumroll please....introducing the best marg I've ever tasted....watermelon & cucumber. It was very tasty.
It was such a fun night!! Thanks to Annie, Shay, and Morgan for a fabulous day-after-my-birthday birthday celebration!!!

Oh, and Morgan gave me a sweet little gift and a bit later I looked at the card on the gift bag and this is what it said.... To: Morgan & Matt from David & Dot. HILARIOUS. We died laughing. I can't wait to re-gift this bag. And I am totally gonna leave this on there! :)

No comments: