Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The River

Back in June we headed over to Florida to meet my fam at Blackwater River. When we were driving over the Causeway the sun was gleaming brightly straight into Shane's eyes as we was driving. We then proceed to have the same conversation that we have had on NUMEROUS occasions....He says how he needs some sunglasses...I say if he wants some, he just needs to get some....he then says that he never has time to go buy sunglasses....I tell him that I can always go get him some but I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on them because he ALWAYS loses them or breaks them.....then he says he wants a pair of Costas.....I then turn it into a joke....YEAAA, we should just stop right now and pic up some Costas....no big deal....We got plenty of cash for some Costas....he then joins in on the joke as well....yea, haha...totally gonna go get me some of those....yea right....we laugh for a few minutes and then move on to some other topic of discussion. 

SOOOOO, fast forward to when we arrive at the river. My sister and her husband are there waiting for my parents to arrive with the boat so we get our stuff out of the car and walk over to the boat launch to wait with them. Shane goes and stand under a small tree to get out of the sun because it was so bright and he was getting a headache from squinting. All of the sudden my sister says, "Shane, you don't have any sunglasses?". He replies, "Nope, I was just telling LaJuan on the way over here that I really needed some". My sister then says, "Oh my goodness! Guess what??? It's your lucky day!" (as she reaches down into her bag) and says, "We decided last minute to go to the creek yesterday. We were at this sandbar all day and then when we were packing up our stuff and getting ready to leave, I saw something shimmer in the water. I waded out to see what it was and lo and behold there was a pair of Costas just floating down the creek! I picked them up and stuck them in my bag and forgot about them until you just said something about needing some sunglasses. SO, here ya go!" Shane tried them on and they fit perfectly. OH MY GOODNESS. WHAT!?!?!? I couldn't believe that we had JUST had that conversation in the car about Costas and how Shane would never be able to buy a pair and then my sister tells her story and hands him a pair of Costas! C.R.A.Z.Y. I looked at Shane and said, "God just kissed you!". I.LOVE.THIS.STORY.


The happy, non-squinting, not-headache-ing Shane :))

Ready to get going!
Kaylea and her daddy....
The daddy and his girlies....
The girlies floatin' it up with Aunt Emily....

Jocie easin' into the cold water :)
Splashing daddy!
They LOOOOVE the water...
Jumpin' time...
Cheezin' for mommy :)
Cuteness
They are making the exact same face....too funny!
hmmmmm....I think Gab's bathing suit is just a tad bit too big at the top.... ya think??
That, my friends, is a home-made house boat....
which is also pulling another boat behind it....... You just never know what you might see at the river :)
Jocie put on her goggles to look for "cwabs" in the sand....
The Gabster just kept swimming.....
and swimming.....
and swimming!
Grandma and MawMaw coolin' off....
PawPaw taking his usual nap underneath the pontoon boat :)

The kiddos wouldn't let him sleep long....
Jocie using PawPaw as her float....
Pretending to be crocodiles.... :)

That sure does look relaxing :)

The daddy played hard that day :))
Hey Hey!
Aunt Emily had to rescue a float that had decided to drift down the river....


Taking a ride....

The girlies and cousin Kaylea....
Jocie pretending she was flying....


After the river we went back to PawPaw and MawMaw's house. The Daddy became the designated kid-flipper. Shocking :)
Time to fill up MawMaw's pool!



And, naturally, we had to end the day with a gigantor watermelon. Y.U.M.!!!!

No comments: