Sunday, April 7, 2013

Azalea Trail Run 2013

Another Azalea Trail Run has come and gone. The weather forcast was calling for torrential storms during the race, but thankfully, they held off until mid-day and the weather was actually awesome for the race....overcast, not too hot....AND the best part...they reversed the course this year and I (along with every other runner there I believe) LOVED it reversed. It was SO.MUCH.BETTER. 

Shay and I both ran the 10K....

I had told the daddy a couple times earlier in the week that the course was reversed, but somehow he didn't "hear" me, so he and girls went to the normal finish line and then realized that the course was reversed and wasn't able to make it to the real finish line until after I had already crossed :( , but atleast I was able to find them in the massive crowd :). I had very low expectations for this years' race b/c I have been teaching so many classes that I haven't had time nor desire really to just run. The last time I had actually ran was the Senior Bowl 10K at the end of November. However, I was shocked at how good I felt and that I actually almost ran my best 10K time ever. Crazy!

The girls weren't very pumped about seeing me, but they were ecstatic about getting to see the Chick-fil-A Cow....
and the Azalea Trail Maids.... :)))

No comments: