Sunday, June 29, 2008

Night Owls

So, we got our hopes up about the whole "sleeping through the night" thingy since the girls slept till 6:30am the night before....HOWEVER, they chose to grace us with their crying voices at 3:00am this morning. We think we have figured out what is going on....after we put them down around 10:30pm or so, they secretly have a "sister meeting" and talk to each other in their "secret language" through the crib bedding and decide what their plan is for that particular night. They love variety and spontaneity and they ingeniously plan to rotate each night who wakes up first so that we don't see a pattern or anything in one of them. It's really a brilliant scheme they have going for such young little humans. SO, the adventure never ends....I'm sure we'll look back on this "sleep-deprived season" one day and laugh about it (atleast that's what I tell myself in the middle of the night). But until then, we will be known as the "night owls"...the hooting never ends :)


I forgot to say who was who in the pictures....Jocelyn is the blue-eyed, Gabrielle has the big brown eyes

13 comments:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Hey So glad you are now a blogger. we miss you guys soooo much.this will be a great way to ckeck out the growth of the girls!!

Liz said...

Your night owls are beautiful, of course! We will continue to hold prayerful thoughts for all of you! Please post your new address!

Love and blessings!

the Butts

The O'Neal Family said...

LaJuan, your girls are absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that you have a blog. I just started one this past week too. I hope that everything is going well with you and Shane. I know that he is going to do amazing in seminary. You are also going to be just fine. I know that you are a fantastic mom...you took care of so many of us in college! Love you! - Heather Keyes O'Neal

Bragans said...

So glad you got a blog. Your girls are Beautiful! They have grown so much! Praying for rest for you guys!

Love

The Bragans

Anonymous said...

Hey Blacks (It's JD's Mom-- Mrs. Adams),I love your Blog Title. Your girls are sooo very pretty--how will Jeremiah ever decide between the two haha!! Glad you are sharing your life away from us with us. My love.

April Brown said...

Shane and LaJuan...I have so wanted to know how you guys are doing and what life with the two honeys is like! I am soo glad you've decided to blog! The girls are absolutely beautiful...it made me kinda teary to see pictures of them! Wow, how awesome is our God! I know you are sleep deprived right now but I promise it will end soon!

Amy said...

hello Blacks!! LaJuan it took me a while to break into the blog world as well but now I must say I am addicted. It really has become such a great link to the outside world. Anyway, glad you joined us. Your girls are beautiful. I hope that you enjoy your next few years in sunny oviedo. You guys should take a Saturday and go exploring Winter Park. It was our favorite while we were there. Good to catch up on you guys.

Merrill said...

Welcome to the blogdom, Blacks. I like the "All Blacks" title. We miss you guys! Love da Hodges

--Shelley said...

YAY! I love that you write how you talk. Chip and I shared a good laugh reading your posts last night. I cannot believe how big and expressive the girls are!

Renae Moore said...

Ohhh, I do miss you all! The girls are amazing...so beautiful...and you LaJuan look great, one would never know how sleep deprived you are.
Blessings to you both...

Ariel said...

Happy 4th of July!!!

The girls are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I loved looking at all the recent pictures of them! We miss you guys so much and can't wait until you guys move back! Keep the pictures coming. It's so nice to see and hear how you guys are doing! We love and miss you guys!

John, Ariel, and Jake Pilger

troy and danielle said...

Hey guys! Enjoyed reading about your adventures w/the girls. So sad I didn't get over to see you before you left Mobile. They are beautiful!!! As for the "night owls" the "hooters" is what they're after. Believe me -- I had two, night owls, that is.
Much Love,
Danielle Fryman

troy and danielle said...

Hey guys! Enjoyed reading about your adventures w/the girls. So sad I didn't get over to see you before you left Mobile. They are beautiful!!! As for the "night owls" the "hooters" is what they're after. Believe me -- I had two, night owls, that is.
Much Love,
Danielle Fryman