Saturday, July 5, 2008

Watermelon & a Movie

When you ask Shane what his favorite food is, you will get a variety of answers because he has many favorite foods (everyone who know him can definitely attest to that). When you ask me what my favorite food is...there is one word...WATERMELON! Yes, I know that is probably a little odd, but if I could eat one thing everyday for the rest of my life, I would choose watermelon. I can literally eat a entire watermelon in one sitting (of course, that is before I had the girls b/c if I chose to do that now, their stomachs would never be the same :) I love watermelon so much that for the past zillion beach projects, I have been the designated watermelon cutter-upper for the beach olympics/watermelon social...I was very sad to miss that this year, by the way, even though my wrist didn't mind not cutting up 10 big watermelons. ANYWAYS....moving on...one thing I have missed so much the past "forever" months is just having time to sit down and watch a movie. It's one of my favorite things to do with Shane, but it's been absolutely impossible since the girls have been here. Side note...I realized the other day that I DO NOT remember the past 3 or so months...it's like it's all a blur or a fog...its weird. I guess that's what sleep deprivation does to you...anyway, end of side note...SO, why am I writing about this??? Well, this week two huge things happened...I purchased my first watermelon of the year (it was FABULOUS, by the way) and yesterday we actually watched a MOVIE! I thought I wouldn't be able to do anything like that until atleast December (I don't know why I chose December, but it sounded nice). Our roomates, Demetrius and Amy, rented Great Debaters and we all sat down and watched it. Of course, we had to pause it a few times so I could feed the girls, etc., but the fact that we actually watched a movie was definitely an incredible miracle! So, instead of "dinner and a movie", this week is titled "watermelon and a movie" because I got to do two of my very favorite things! I also introduced the girls to their first watermelon as well. I think they are going to like it as much as their mom! :)

2 comments:

Bragans said...

So glad that you were able to do 2 of your favorite things. I had no idea that watermelon was your favorite food. Love the pictures of the girls and their nursery and their cute outfits. It is so much fun to dress up girls! If it makes you feel any better, I don't really remember the past year with Ella Joy. She isn't such a great sleeper. We are still working on this. Love you guys!
Joy

--Shelley said...

glad you got some good time for yourselves!