Sunday, July 27, 2008

Poop Belt



Ever since the girls were born, I have been truly amazed at the amount of poop that can come out of such a small body (I mean...they were 4 pounds when they were born and could poop a gallon....seriously, that is unbelievable). They both have had some massive explosions during their 41/2 month lifetime, but none compare to Jocelyn's poop yesterday. She was sitting in her bouncy chair (by the way, the girls only poop when they are sitting in their bouncy chairs...I think they think it is their toilet...it's hilarious) and she started grunting. I then hear the usual explosion noise (she has loud poops, Gabby's are silent, but deadly). Usually their is one big explosion noise, however, this time there were atleast 4 or 5. She then made a huge sigh of relief and proceeded to play with her toys and laugh as I finished feeding Gabby. I knew it wasn't going to be pretty, but I did not expect what I found when I picked her up out of her bouncy.....She has a poop belt all the way around her waist...it was unbelievable....the poop had not only completely filled her diaper, but had exploded out the entire top of her diaper and through her clothes. Shane walked in the door just in time for me to hand her to him for him to have the lovely privilege of cleaning up her entire body. She thought it was quite hilarious and enjoyed every minute of laying in her own poop...she even rubbed her two white socks in it. No amount of wipes would have handled the job...off to the sink we had to go... I've included a couple of pics so that you, too, may enjoy seeing the amazing poop belt....

8 comments:

Amy said...

don't you just love it when they time it perfectly to greet daddy!!!!
Hey your blog looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard!

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

oh, I remember the exploding poop days! lucy had them quite often!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Hilarious! I remember these incidents well, though Taylor (who is 1 YEAR OLD today! what?!) never had a poop belt, just some up-the-back ones. Thanks for sharing your funny moments.

Jennifer Werneth said...

so funny, lajuan! the pics say it all! i remember luke "exploding" in target in his bucket car seat. he filled the seat up with poo and smiled the biggest smile at me. i just bought a cheap towel to put behind and around him to make it a bit less mushy and drove him home. glad shane got to experience it too!
jen

--Shelley said...

oh my! that is amazing. so glad shane was there at just the right time to help. another person just really helps to dispell the immediate reaction of "what am i going to do?"

Merrill said...

that is all too familiar! Three cheers for sweet yellow poopie! It only gets worse after solids. But solid food= solid poo, which is really nice. We miss you guys!

Denise Bluster said...

I so love being able to see pics of the girls - they are growing so much! I am impressed with the creativeness of daddy Shane and the pink pillow! He made Donnie Ballgame very proud! Glad to hear you got out of the house even if it is only VERY part-time. Getting dressed and putting on makeup can do great things for your mental health.