Tuesday, July 15, 2008

School Supplies....

So, Shane started classes yesterday (for those of you who don't know, he is going to seminary to get his masters in counseling). By the way, he has not been in school in 11 years, so this is a big deal! Well, the day before classes started, I asked him if he needed any school supplies or special food to take for his lunch (I felt like my little boy was about to start kindergarten:) . He said, "yeah, I guess I might need a notebook or something and yeah, get me some cheese nips, fruit roll-ups and, and a new Transformers lunch box while your at it". Well, that night, I had to go to Target to buy another swing for the girls, so I told Shane I would pick him up a notebook while I was there. Since he is left-handed, he asked me to get him a notebook that folded from the top and not from the side. When I got to Target and looked, they didn't have any ones that folded from the top, so I called him to tell him that and ask him if he wanted me to get one of the regular kinds. He said sure and we hung up the phone. I then went back to the baby department to look for a swing and found one like the other one we have except it had bunny rabbits on the top of it and the one we have has bumble bees on it. I called Shane to ask him if he wanted me to get that one. This was our conversation...

Me: Hey, they have one with bunny rabbits on it. Do you want me to get it?
Shane: Heck no! I don't want one with bunny rabbits on it!! (I am thinking...wow, why does he care so much about the swing having bunny rabbits on it???)
Me: What's the big deal about it having bunny rabbits on it?
Shane: I can't believe you are asking me that! I DO NOT want bunny rabbits!
Me: I already have one with bumble bees on it, I don't see why bunny rabbits is a huge deal...
Shane: I don't want one with bumble bees or bunny rabbits on it!
Me: We already have the one with bumble bees on it!
Shane: What are you talking about?
Me: The swing! What are you talking about??
Shane: OH! I thought you were talking about the notebook you were going to buy me for school! I thought you actually were asking me if I cared if you bought me a notebook with bunny rabbits on it for my first day of seminary!
Me: Do you REALLY think I would want you to have a bunny rabbit notebook?? I mean seriously.... (as I am bent over in Target laughing outloud)

Anyways, the conversation was probably WAY more hilarious when it was actually happening verses me trying to re-tell it on here, but I thought I'd share it anyway because it made me laugh really hard....

Well, I did get him off to his first day of school and even packed some really cool snacks in his Transformer lunch box (or walmart bag :) He loved his first day of class and took lots of notes to share with me....in his bunny rabbit notebook, or course.....


15 comments:

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

oh, that is too funny- I laughed out loud at that conversation! oh, and those pics of the girls are just too cute!!

Amy said...

I am laughing hysterically. As soon as he said heck no I don't want bunny rabbits on it I knew what he was thinking. I am still laughing about it now. The girls are so cute in there dress up clothes!!!

Jo said...

Lajuan this made me laugh so hard!!! I can actually picture this conversation happening.. love the pics of the girls too...

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The O'Neal Family said...

I definitely thought this post was hilarious! I laughed out loud and you know how loud my laugh can be. I hope you have a great day filled with more laughter!

Lindsey said...

that was hilarious! i just hope you found a transformers lunch box. hope shane enjoys being a school boy again! beautiful girls!

Bragans said...

The girls are growing so fast. Yeah for thumbs! I am still laughing at the Bunny Rabbit story. Way too funny. Hope you guys are enjoying Orlando. Planning any trips to Disney yet?

Jenn said...

bahahah!!! bunny rabbits. I was thinking while reading it that he was kidding the whole time and knew you were talking about the swing. lol... this is too funny.

Good luck to him with Seminary... :)

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Hilarious! I think you told it quite well actually. yay for the thumb-finding! That is an exciting time. I heard Taylor do it before I saw it. I remember it well and even made a post entitled "Music to my ears" Cute pictures.

Renae Moore said...

too funny! I really enjoy reading your musings and seeing the girls' smiling faces. Blessings!

--Shelley said...

no. that was just as funny reading it. absolutely hilarious!

Elizabeth said...

HILARIOUS...made me laugh so hard...you two are so funny. We miss you all!

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!

Jill Williamson said...

it made me laugh....cute pics!!!! wow those girls are growing...Ihope you are sleeping!