Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy 11 Years and Happy Graduation...it's been a good month!

On May 8th, Shane and I celebrated our 11 year wedding anniversary. I cannot believe we have been married 11 years....that's totally crazy! Yet, at the same time, it's hard for me to remember my life without him. He is the most amazing man, husband, and father that I know. I am incredibly grateful for him. He is my special gift from the Lord.

This past Friday, Shane GRADUATED from seminary!!! Yay. Hallelujah. Praise Jesus. Thank You, Thank You. Amen. Whoop Whoop. Ok, you get the picture....I am just a little excited that he is DONE!! He is excited as well, but I think I'm just a bit more excited than he is :)

HayHay and Gran came down for graduation and the girls got their fix of chick-fil-a and the hotel swimming pool. Thanks to the daddy that carries them/drags them/throws them up and down in the water. I'd much rather be chillin in a lawn chair :)



I know...you can't see anything in this pic, but I wanted to post it so I could remember it. Shane had the privilege of reading the passage prior to the graduation speaker, Dr. Sproul, speaking on it. He was actually very nervous about reading it, but he did great...no mispronunciations, long pauses, or anything...way to go, Shane!

The graduate!


Shane, his mom, and Hayward



Shane & Demetrius



Dr. Coupland (left) and Dr. Coffield (Right) are Shane's two counseling professors at RTS. This pic cracks me up because Shane looks TINY standing in between them!



After the graduation ceremony, I felt as though I had actually graduated as well (not necessarily with a seminary degree...just another kind that could be titled "I survived my husband going to seminary" degree). So, I thought it was appropriate to get a pic to prove it.

Congrats Shane! I'm SO proud of you!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

My husband graduated this month, as well and I felt the same as you:)...proud of him for graduating and me for surviving! Congratulations to you and Shane! You two have impacted so many others. I was reading a journal (yesterday) that I kept during the summer of 2000 and tucked away in the pages was a note of encouragement from you. It was so cool to come across it and remember the pivotal role you played in my own walk with Christ. All I can say is THANK YOU!

black tag diaries said...

Let me know if they ever come up with a "I survived my husband going to seminary" degree. If so, I'm all over it.

Jennifer Werneth said...

so proud of him (and you too:)! and i remember your budding romance like it was yesterday! has it really been that long?! feeling a little old...

--Shelley said...

congrats to you both. looking fwd to the next step. love you

Dena and Robbie said...

Way to go Shane, and you too LaJuan. Big day. One that we are waiting for but seems a long way off still. One day. Congrats. What is the next step for the two, four of you?

Renae Moore said...

AWESOME...a heartfelt hearty congratulations! Onward and forward!
Blessings and lots of love!