Sunday, May 30, 2010

What I love most about summer...

Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE watermelon. I love right after I cut it open and I see that it is perfectly ripe and the amazing watermelon scent fills the room. Over the years, I have perfected the art of cutting up a watermelon, not wasting a single slither of it (all our years on Summer Beach Project helped with that...I was the designated watermelon slicer at every "Beach Olympics" event...usually slicing at least 10 or more watermelons each time). I literally could live on watermelon alone. I remember growing up and there were many days that I would eat an entire watermelon on my on in a single day. I can still do that. Throughout the summer, there is rarely a day where you will not find watermelon in our refrigerator. It is a staple. The girls share my love for watermelon. For that, I am grateful :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i are some watermelon the other day and thought of you!

The McNeills said...

watermelons always make me think of you, too!