Saturday, August 31, 2013

KINDERGARTENERS!!??!?!?!??!


I can't believe it. I thought this day would never come. Over the past 5 years there have been times I have LONGED for this day ANNNNND there have been times that I have DREADED this day. You just don't think they will ever ACTUALLY be old enough for Kindergarten. That first year or so I felt that time often STOOD STILL and then I BLINKED and the last 3 years have flashed by....it's just CRAZY.  I really didn't know how I would feel on the day they actually started kindergarten....would I be SO excited?? Would I cry?? Would I go back home and sleep for the entire 4 hours they were in school??.... I just didn't know... We decided to split them up this year as well....because one thing I do know is that they neeeeeeeeeeed some time apart. They def. love each other- no doubt- but we really felt time apart from each other would be a really healthy thing....but, on the first day- I started to doubt our decision for a bit b/c I began thinking..."what have we done??!....they are going to be so afraid and not know anyone and miss each other....and  etc. etc. etc...."....well, Shane and I both drove them to school and walked them in for their first day.... I was TOTALLY fine....like no emotions really at all. I kissed them both good-bye and they started to walk away to each of their classes....with their uniforms on and their book bags on their backs....and all the sudden they looked REALLY old to me and I felt this sudden, overwhelming, indescribable urge to scream down the hall..."WAIT!!!!!!! COME BACK!!!!! I'VE CHANGED MY MIND!!! I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO TO SCHOOL!!! I DON'T WANT YOU TO GROW UP!!!! I WANT YOU BACK HOME WITH ME!!!!"  But instead I had to turn around and walk out of the school....as I began to WEEP. I mean, the ugly cry. And I didn't stop for 2 hours. I went home and opened my computer and then looked through EVERY SINGLE PICTURE I have of them since they were born. WHAT?!?!?!? Why would I do that to myself!?!?!?  I was pretty much a wreck. :(

When I went to pick them up, they jumped in the car with big smiles on their faces and said they had SO much fun....and that they loved their teachers....and then they began to argue with each other and fight and whine.....and then I decided.....YEA, kindergarten is a good thing....and so is separating them....and  I was OK WITH BOTH :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny and your girls are amazing. I'm so glad they love school and each other.

Unknown said...

I mean I still can't believe they are in KINDERGARTEN!! And you are hilarious.