Monday, May 16, 2011

Grace Women's Retreat

We had our Grace Women's Retreat the last weekend of April at Camp Baldwin in Elberta, AL. Shay Steedley was our speaker for the weekend along with several other women from our church that shared their testimonies during the weekend. It was an INCREDIBLE weekend. The theme for the retreat was "Entrusting Your Soul to a Faithful Creator". Shay shared a lot of what the Lord had done in her and her family's life over the past 8 months after losing their 3rd daughter, Ginna, who was stillborn last September. She did am amazing job and the Lord used her in such a huge way in all of our lives. I'm so thankful she was willing to share her heart, pain, struggles, and hope with us.

Shawna, our incredible worship leader for the weekend...


I was in charge of decorations for the weekend. I went with an earthy nature-like theme. My friend, Ariel, helped me a ton with the task. I loved the magnolia leaf cross we made. I didn't know what I was really working with until I showed up on Friday, however, it turned out exactly like I had envisioned :)






Of course there was plenty of yummy snacks and chocolate!

These cookies were the best ones I have ever tasted...for reals...and Annie felt the same way I did :)
It was awesome getting to hang out with all the chicas for the weekend...I vote we have one of these gigs at least once a month! :)
Steph and I have been on about a zillion retreats together :)
SO pretty!
Some of the girlies....
What a FANTASTIC weekend! Thanks to the hubby for watching the girls ALL weekend so I could go :)

No comments: