Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SAD!!

It was AWFUL. Shane was lying on the living room floor and Jocelyn decided to step up onto his back. He told her to get off because his back was hurting and she decided to use his back as a trampoline and jump off of it. When she did, she slipped and fell face first into the hardwood floor. She hit it SO hard. When Shane picked her up, blood was everywhere and her teeth had come ALL THE WAY through below her bottom lip. OK, so this is the point that the momma and the daddy start FREAKING out. We rushed her to the doctor and they cleaned up her mouth to see what kind of damage we were looking at. She cut her top lip pretty bad too but her teeth didn't go all the way through (thankfully). She chipped one of her top teeth and the one next to it is kind of loose. The doctor decided to use the glue stuff on her chin instead of stitches (Praise the Lord). It was SO sad. Gabbie was pitiful, too. She was so upset that Jocelyn was hurting so badly. She cried and cried when the doctors were cleaning up Jocie's mouth. She kept asking, "Is Joc gonna be ok, mommy? Is the doctor gonna make her boo-boo get better mommy? I so sad that Joc has got a boo-boo mommy. Is she gonna be ok mommy??" After the doctor glued her chin together they told her that she was going to get a pop sickle because she had been so brave. Gabbie immediately piped in, "Jocie need a orange pop sickle. Orange is her favorite pop sickle". It was so cute. After we got back home Gabbie definitely took on the "mommy" role in taking care of Jocie. She even gave her her "pink-a-baby" to lay with....and we all know that Gabbie doesn't give her pink-a-baby to NOBODY :)

Here is poor Jocie after we got back from the doctor. She was pitiful....
She told me to take another picture because she didn't smile in the first one :)
I knew that her mouth would be swollen this morning when she got up....but DANG, it was REALLY swollen. She was in a lot of pain most of the day but tonight she actually was able to eat some dinner so hopefully the swelling will start to decrease. I'm taking her to the dentist on Thursday. I hope she doesn't lose that tooth that is kind of loose. I also hope that something like this doesn't ever happen again....or at least for a long time. It was so sad! What's crazy is I have a scar on my chin from the exact same thing. When I was a toddler I fell out of my highchair and my teeth went through my chin. Guess me and Jocie will have that in common. Please pray that sweet Jocie recovers soon and she doesn't lose her tooth. Thanks!!

2 comments:

Demetrius and Amy said...

wow, those pictures made me want to cry. poor baby!

Jennifer Bergoon said...

awww! You are right, this is so SAD! We will definitely be praying for her in Sunday School!
Jenn Bergoon