Saturday, November 9, 2013

Leg #1: D.C.!!

So, a month ago ( I can't believe it's already been a month?!?!) Shane and I  started on our week long trip in celebration of his 40th birthday. A HUGE, GIGANTOR, ENORMO, TREMENDOUS THANK YOU to Gigi & HayHay for coming down for a week to watch the girlies while we went on our adventure!

Leg #1: Washington D.C. 
We flew into D.C. to visit our friends, Josh & Stacey and their 18 month old son and their 3-month-old twin boys for a couple of days. We met Josh way back in 2002 in New Zealand and have been friends ever since. Josh lived with us for the first few months while we were in seminary in Orlando (He came over to attend seminary as well). We also met Stacey there- she was in the counseling program a year ahead of Shane and became good friends with her as well.  Within a couple of months, Josh & Stacey were dating & engaged and then married about 6 months later! While Josh lived with us (the girls were 3 months old at the time….a tough season to say the least :) I joked with him about how the Lord was preparing him to have twins one day….fast forward a year later…they had moved up to D.C. for Josh to finish seminary and they were calling us to tell us they were preggo ….but that my prophecy was not true….they were only expecting one little boy….Hudson was born that Jan….fast forward 9 months later….I get a voicemail on my phone….it was Josh telling me they had just left the dr.'s office b/c Stacey had THOUGHT she had had a massive stomach virus for a couple of weeks….but lo and behold to their surprise…she was actually preggo again….and then they did an ultrasound….and….yeppppp….TWINS!!! So, actually my prophecy was true!!

We were so pumped about getting to see them and meet the twins, Sam & Will….aren't they adorable?!?!?

And here's Josh with cute little Hudson :)

Stacey….doing the twin thang…staying with them brought back SOOOO many memories. Wowzers. I remember thinking there was NO way I would make it through those first several months…..and now mine will be 6 in March. THAT.IS.NUTS.

I remember thinking way back then that if I ever had a friend that had twins that I could stay with one whole night and take care of while the parents' SLEEP the ENTIRE NIGHT, that I would in a heartbeat…..b/c that will CHANGE.YOUR.LIFE.  So thankful Josh and Stac allowed me to that the first night we stayed with them. SO many helped me beyond words during that season of my life- so glad I could do the same. I SO wish we lived closer to each other….when you have twins….you JUST UNDERSTAND. No words are required :)

The second day we were there, Stacey's sweet mom came over to watch the trio so we could go eat lunch and stroll around Old Town Alexandria and actually have some adult time! Yay! It was such a gorgeous day- so fun!

The daddy's...

The Mommies….
annnnnd the Capital….close as we got to it while we were there….thanks to the Government shut-down…booooo

Fantastic First Leg of our trip…..Leg #2 to come!

No comments: