Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Dream Has Come True....

I am sitting at Panera....internet access, Shane's computer, pics downloaded, and as much time as I need (thanks to my wonderful husband :). I have been waiting for this day. I get to blog AND add ALL the pics that I have been wanting to add for 3 months!!! yay!!! My dream has come true!! So, bear with me...there's gonna be alot of new pics on here!

I am going to make a few sections, so this will be Part One-A glimpse into Jan-Feb 2010


Towards the end of January, Shane went on a missions trip to Turkey with some of his counseling classmates. He was gone for two weeks. It seemed like ETERNITY. He had an awesome time. I am glad he got to go. It was definitely challenging on the home front (I forgot to mention that the girls had a stomach virus during this time that lasted THREE WEEKS. Fun times:) . This is when we were dropping daddy off at the airport. Jocelyn spoke for all three of us girls....

Gran and HayHay came down for a few days while Shane was in Turkey. To say I was grateful is a MAJOR understatement! Thanks again! I really don't think I would have made it without help for those couple of day!! The girls LOVE when Gran and HayHay come because they get to go to Chick-fil-A every single day. In February they started saying "chick-fil-a"...which is hilarious to hear. They don't just say it, they scream it! Every time we get in the car now, they start chanting it. Is that bad? haha



While Shane was on his trip, the girls and I attended a cookout at RTS. They thought it was super cool to eat on the sidewalk. Please notice the ELMO attire. They are TOTALLY OBSESSED with ELMO!

I came out to the back porch one day after going to the bathroom or something and this is what I find....how do they come up with these things?? It's too funny!



We had an extra long "winter" down here in Orlando (at least that's what everyone here said). It was a lot colder for alot longer than last winter. On a few of those more colder days I took the girls to that indoor play place that I've blogged about before called Amaya Papaya. They love that place! Gabbie goes straight for the shopping cart and Jocelyn goes for the trampoline....every single time. Wonder if that is foreshadowing??




If we would let her, my child would live off chick-fil-A sauce. She eats it with a spoon and dips EVERYTHING in it. Thank the daddy for this obsession!



Our attempt to get a pic of the girls in these adorable dresses. Hey, at least they are both looking towards the camera...that's success!!

I ran my first half marathon back in December. It was a blast. My running partner, Stacey, and I decided in January to train for a full marathon in April. We were planning on running the Country Music Marathon in Nashville. We were way excited about it. As our training went on, we both became more and more thankful for our camelbaks..sorry I totally can't remember the correct spelling (it's a small backpack that holds water that you can sip on while you run). As you can see, Gabbie also grew to love my camelbak :) Oh and about the marathon...well, we got up to 18 miles on our training and then I hurt my foot. I took off for a couple of weeks, but I'm still not able to run more than a few miles without it killing me...So, needless to say, we won't be making the April marathon. I was super disappointed, but hopefully I can talk some friends in Mobile to train with me for another one once we move back :)



DISNEY!!!

In February, we took the girls to Magic Kingdom for the first time. One of my friends down here that also has twin girls gave us tickets!! That was the most exciting part of the whole trip!! :) The girls LOVED it! We had very low expectations and were expecting them to melt down and go crazy...but they never did. They were completely mesmerized by everything. It was definitely a great first experience. I mean, you know, you hear "Disney..the happiest place on earth", but then you see everyone there that have small kids with them, and it definitely doesn't look like the happiest place on earth! Needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised!

The girls were way more excited than they look in this pic! Their favorite ride was definitely DUMBOOOO (that's what they called Dumbo :)

They loved the "horsies" too!



Jocelyn completely entranced in "It's a Small World"....
Sadly, during this ride, my camera broke. Fun times. Well, at least I got a few pics...


I haven't made a ton a friends during our time here, but I have made a few and for those, I am so very grateful. Lisa (above) is in Shane's class. She is fabulous. Love her!
We went out to Mexican for Josh's (below...our New Zealand friend) birthday. Josh and Stacey are moving in a couple of weeks so we will miss them tons!!








1 comment:

--Shelley said...

in some small, very small way, i feel you. i am on chips computer. i have attempted to use the internet for a brief moment at chick-fil-a and panera while watching the kids and feeding them lunch. i have yet to get the pics on the blog. good to see your sweet family. i can't believe the girls have had another birthday.