Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2 Year Appt.

I cannot stand putting a new post up without pictures...it is really depressing...seriously...but, I am going to do it anyways since I am sitting at Panera with Shane's computer and with internet access... I mean, I have to take advantage of my opportunity...even without pictures.

So, we took the girls for their 2 YEAR APPOINTMENT (WHAT!?!?!) on Monday. I actually had to take the girls by myself at first and then after a while Shane was able to meet me there. The 20 minutes I was there without him was...ummmm...eventful, to say the least. They are officially out of control. I'm serious. Or the way Shane puts it...they are just "very active, very passionate, and very verbal". First of all, no one prepared me that they were going to weigh them/measure their height on the BIG SCALE! What? I was like totally getting prepared to plop them up onto the baby scale and the nurse told me "oh, no ma'am, they are big girls now, they go on the big scale". I started crying. I was totally unprepared. It was like... they went from infants to teenagers in like 2 seconds. It was crazy. I know the nurse thought I was crazy. Well, maybe because I am :). Anywhoo.....we get the passionate ones into the room and they proceed to destroy it in record time. It's really quite amazing to watch. The daddy got there right after they officially finished their destruction. The momma was very happy that the daddy had arrived. One-on-one is DEFINITELY easier than One-on-two. The doctor was very pleased with their development. Gabbie had an ear infection, which I had NO IDEA about. That's always a fun "make me feel like a great mom" discovery :). She also diagnosed her with asthma. We had been thinking that she might have it b/c she has been wheezing ALOT, coughing A TON, and can't run or jump or laugh without having trouble breathing. Needless to say, she had all the major symptoms of asthma. She is now on daily medicine for 6 weeks to see if that helps at all. I hope it does. Here are their stats:

Jocelyn: Weight - 28 1/2 pounds (75%)
Height - 34 1/2 inches (75%)

Gabbie: Weight - 28 pounds (60%)
Height - 34 inches (60%)

I am still hopeful that I can post some recent pics from the past few months really soon. I need like a whole day at Panera to get that done. Maybe one day.....

No comments: