Sunday, December 5, 2010

I've been replaced

The other day Gabbie fell down and hurt her leg. This is not unusual. The child falls down ALL the time. Seriously. She also does not "recover" very well AT ALL. I usually have to hold her for a very long time while she dramatically weeps over her invisible boo-boo somewhere on her body. Well, when she fell this time, we started the same way....she fell down and then started screaming for "mommy hold you" (I think every kid at some point says "hold you"....meaning "hold me")....SO, I picked her up and started consoling her like I always do....well, Jocie walks over to her and tries to hold Gabbie's hand but Gabbie didn't want to at the moment...then all of the sudden, Gabbie lifts her head off my shoulder and says...."I don't want mommy to hold you, I want JOCIE to hold you"....she then gets down from my lap and walks over to Jocie as if Jocie could literally pick her up and hold her. Jocie then motions to Gabbie to go to the couch because she would be able to "hold you" there. Jocie sits down on the couch and Gabbie crawls into her lap for her to "hold you". It was HILARIOUS and PRECIOUS. Jocie patted and rubbed her back in a circle just like I do and told her "it be ok, Gab" :)

Gabbie then sits up and asks Jocie to rub her tummy, too! She was milking this for everything she could get!! Too funny :)
She miraculously recovered so much faster this time from her fall :) She did lay in Jocie's lap a good 20 minutes until Jocie finally told her "I all done, Gab, get up"....these two crack me up!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me tear up!!!!!! Sweetest story ever!! Thanks for sharing, Lajuan!

Jennifer said...

Too precious!!

danielle said...

That is so precious! I love that. She wanted her sister to comfort her-so sweet.

black tag diaries said...

so, so sweet.

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

that is such a sweet sister story! and mine say "hold you" also...lucy still did till not that long ago! ha. she would say,"i wanna hold you, daddy" lol! and now molly has just started saying it and i LOVE it! now she even added mama to the end..."hold you mama" and my heart melts and i will do anything she wants me to!