Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bye Bye San Fran....Hello Sick Girls :(

We got back home at midnight on Sunday. Our flights were delayed (0f course) so we were pretty dang tired after traveling all day. The girls had a great weekend with Gigi and HayHay and Shane and I were talking on the plane ride home about how this was the first time they had kept them where they had not gotten sick while we were away. We talked to Shane's mom for a few minutes when we got home and then headed to bed. We knew Gabbie would wake up at 6:30am like she does every single day so we needed to get as much sleep as possible. We got to be around 12:30am. WELL....at 3:30am we were woken up by blood-curling screams from the girls. They had both woken up simultaneously throwing up. No, I am not joking. It was AWFUL. HayHay and Gigi were planning on going back home really early on Monday morning but since the girls started throwing up, they decided to stay and help. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. Especially because this ended up not being a "normal" 24 hours stomach virus....this bad boy lasted for 6 days!!! Yes, that is correct. SIX DAYS. On Monday afternoon Gabbie had to be admitted into the hospital b/c she was so dehydrated. She ended up having to stay the night and was discharged on Tuesday afternoon. Jocelyn was on the verge of being hospitalized as well but we were able to keep her sipping every 15 minutes throughout the night and managed somehow to keep her minimally hydrated. THANK THE LORD. Having to watch them give Gabbie an IV was horrible. She hated it (of course) and wanted it to be taken out ALL NIGHT. Needless to say she nor Jocie nor us nor Gigi slept AT ALL. Sad times. We were PRAYING that none of the adults would get this awful stuff (even though that seemed virtually impossible since we had the stuff ALL over us.) We thought that the throwing up was coming to an end on Tuesday, but we were mistaken. The pitiful little girlies kept throwing up until THURSDAY. WHAT?!?!? We almost had to go BACK to the hospital...but somehow they kept peeing at least every 8 or so hours (not really sure how they had anything to pee...). HayHay and Gigi had to leave Wednesday morning so we were really hoping that Shane nor I would get it since we didn't have any help. I called Gigi on Friday and she had started throwing during the night on Thursday...sad times :(. After the girls finally stopped throwing up, the next day was followed by the horrible big D. Bless them. It was SO SO bad. I know this is probably not appropriate, but I had to share this pitiful, yet hilarious statement from the Gabster. She had the big D for several hours in a row on Friday. Then right before her nap she went to the bathroom, but only pee'd. She then excitedly exclaimed (while clapping her hands together), "Yay mommy! I didn't throw up out of my booty this time!". Awwww. Poor thing. But she really thought she was throwing up out of her booty b/c it was just that bad. Bless her little heart :)

This is what the girls looked like the entire week. I've never seen them this sick before. It was SO sad. :(
Somehow she squeezed out a smile...
Jocie lived on the couch....
And Gabbie lived in the chair...
Shane and I thought we were in the clear since we made it to Friday. I forgot to mention that coming Sunday Shane and I were signed up to run the Gulf Coast half marathon in at Pensacola Beach. It would be Shane's first ever half. He had been training for weeks. We went over to my parent's for the weekend to see my family and for them to watch the girls on Sunday while we ran the race. WELL....early Saturday morning Shane got sick :(....sad times. He was in bed at my parents all day Saturday and all day Sunday. Needless to say, he didn't get to run the half :( Oh, and I got PINK EYE on Friday night...what???!?!? I haven't had that since I was like 8 years old or something. SO, I had to drive to the other side of P'cola from my parent's house on Friday night to go to a 24-hour walk-in clinic to get eye drops. Geeeeeez. WHAT A WEEK! Glad it's behind us. By the way, I did run the half. I'll be posting about that not-so-fun experience soon :)

No comments: