Thursday, April 21, 2011

Weekend in Jay

After the girls were better we went to Jay for the weekend. As I said in the previous post, Shane and I thought we had managed to miraculously escape the stomach virus. However, come Saturday morning Shane was sick as a dog :(. AND I had SOMEHOW gotten PINK EYE....where did that come from?? Meanwhile, the girls were having a blast....

Feeding the fishies....


Sweeping up the left over fishie food...
Making their very own movie theater with their Dora chairs.... :)

Watering MawMaw's plants....

The church back home had an Easter egg hunt on Saturday. Shane got out of bed and came up there with me and the girls, but after about 10 minutes decided it wasn't the best idea and that he felt AWFUL and needed to go back to bed.

Here are the girls anxiously awaiting the start of the egg hunt...
Lining up....
GO!!


a Golden egg!!
Another Golden egg!

Yay!! Look at all of our eggs!!
Jocie LOVES to climb....
Going through all their booty :)
Aunt Emily :)
They were just a tiny bit excited about the ENORMOUS amount of candy that was inside their eggs :)
After the hunt all the kiddos played games with a parachute...
The girls went to tumbling class at the YMCA when we lived in Orlando and they used do the same games with the parachute there but they would just stand to the side b/c they were a bit freaked out by it....it was fun to see them remember all the games and LOVE it this time :)
Silly girl
Yes, Gabbie lined up the skittles in a line on top of her hotdog. Funny.
My little chicas LOVE cupcakes...that's fo sho!

MawMaw has a small above ground pool, however, she has not set it up yet. The girls were begging to get in the water. Jocie even found this float and put in around her waist as she walked around the yard. It was hilarious.

It was quite warm that day so the girls were loving some popsicles....
MawMaw remembered that she had just bought a new sprinkler a few days earlier so we set that up so the girls could have the water they were had been begging for....
Jocie started to slowly ease her way towards the sprinkler....first she wet her popsicle with a stream....
Then she ran past it really fast.....
Then she stuck her hands in it.....
Then she stuck her face in it....
Gabbie wanted NOTHING to do with the sprinkler. She said the water was WAY TOO COLD. She warned Jocie several times NOT to get her wet :)
Then Jocie was playing with the beachball in the sprinkler....

Then she got REALLY excited.....
And started drinking it...
Love it!
Then she realized she could move those little tube things around so she pointed it straight into her mouth....she is too funny.
Gabbie was hiding behind the quilts that were hanging on the clothesline to shield her from the water. She also was practicing her drumming skills.... :)
"Don't even THINK about pointing that water thing at me!"
"Come here, Gabs.....I won't squirt you!" :) haha
I SO think she is going to be a musician :)


This is where PawPaw was sitting. Jocie had figured out how to maneuver the sprinkler so she could wet him. She then told him that she wanted to sit in his chair while he sprayed her :)
PawPaw got out the big gun.... :)

"WAIT!! that's not what I got to spray you with!"
NOW, all the sudden Gabbie wanted to play....she wanted to be the squirter of course :)
Then it was Jocie's turn to shoot PawPaw with the "big water" :)

After the water fun was over, they decided to go hike up a huge mountain :)

Gabbie said she wanted to sleep on top of the mountain instead of in her bed that night :)
That evening Jocie and Landon played "put PawPaw's hats on and ram our heads together and laugh histerically about it" game.....

Shane was resurrected from the stomach virus bed for a few minutes to see the girls and help me get them ready for bed. He forced a smile for this pic b/c, let's be honest, it's a fantastic photo opportunity :)
Sweet little Landon :)
The girls had a great time playing at PawPaw and MawMaw's house. By Sunday afternoon, Shane was feeling a bit better and my pink eye was definitely on the way out. I went ahead and ran the half marathon at P'cola beach on Sunday morning even though Shane was unable to do it :( One of my best friends from high school, Lari, and her husband came down from Prattville to run it as well. It was Lari's first half so she was super excited :) In the past 6 months or so I have ran 2 half marathons and 1 full marathon and I must say that this half ALMOST KILLED ME! I had SUCH a harder time running it than I did when I ran the full back in February. I think the weather REALLY affected me...it was like 80 degrees with 90% humidity at 7am that morning and I think my body was just worn out. I had to mentally battle the ENTIRE race to keep going. It was SO tough. I'm so glad that it wasn't my first one ever b/c I probably would never do another one again! Needless to say I was SO glad to cross the finish line and head to the after party at Flounders. Lari did awesome (and enjoyed it this one a whole lot more than I did :) Her husband, Barry, also ran it (who is like a "for real" runner person that runs super fast, etc.). Sadly, he got sick during the race and also severely dehydrated and could barely finish the race. I'm sure that happened to alot of others since the weather was so hot and humid. Nevertheless, we enjoyed hanging out with each other and having the experience together :)
Oh, and I also go to see another friend from highschool, Amy, that was a couple of years older than us. I had not seen her since we graduated....many moons ago :)


Me, Lari and Amy after the race...


Lari and Barry...SO great to see you guys!!

While we were there I did get to stop by my grandpa's grave and see his headstone. It had just gotten put in the day before. He absolutely LOVED birds. Grandma did a great job picking out his stone. It fits him perfectly. Miss you, Grandpa....

No comments: