Tuesday, April 19, 2011

San Fran (Day 2)

Day 2 in San Fran!! Another day full of site-seeing adventures!

Meet Karrie's pet gecko. Very random :)

Riding on a trolley!

I have thought about attempting a race out in San Fran at some point....but after seeing how incredibly HILLY it is there...I'm thinking probably not :)

We headed down to fisherman's wharf to look around....

double-decker carousel...the girls would have LOVED it :)
Close view of Alcatraz...
Golden Gate Bridge from a distance....


Pier 39 had sea lions just hanging out right there in front of you....very cool :)



We ate lunch at the AMAZING sourdough restaurant... the BEST sourdough bread bowl and clam chowder I've EVER tasted! The apple salad was to die for as well :)
They didn't enjoy it at all...please look at Shane's expression...priceless!
After we explored the piers we headed up an ENORMOUS hill to go see the "windiest" street...
on our way up....
There it is! Way cool!


These cool houses were actually ON the cool twisty rode....I'm sure they are PRETTY pricey :)
Well....that's kind of pretty.... :)
Love this guy!
I have ALWAYS wanted to ride one of these....
And I Did!! Only bad thing was that I had the camera SOOOOO, I only have pics of Shane and Colleen....it was SO much fun though! Yay! I can check that one off my bucket list :)


That evening we headed back to Karrie's and got ready for the rehearsal and dinner.
I talked Colleen into wearing heels for the first time EVER in her life. I'm pretty sure she is now a heel girl :)
me and the hubby
So the rehearsal dinner was AWESOME. Some of Josh's family prepared the whole meal. Here is the delicious salad we started off with.....YUM.
Pretty centerpieces...
Karrie and her sis....
Bridesmaids!!
OK, so I forgot to take a pic of the main dish which was incredibly yummy....HOWEVER, this, my friends, is BY FAR the best chocolate cake I have EVER tasted in my life. Oh, I must mention that it was made by one of Josh's relatives who is a Swiss chef....yea, true story. It was LUSCIOUS!!
DELIGHTFUL....
Their special cake....
Love, love, love this girl!

This precious little girl is Josh's youngest sister and their flower girl. She is ADORABLE!
The Alabama crew :)
Fantastic Day 2!! Wedding Day...here we come!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like y'all had a great time. I am digging the blue dress. You should do a post dedicated solely to how many weddings you and Shane have been a part of. You could include pictures of each bridesmaid dress:) I am sure that it would be a very lengthy post.