Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy 13 years!!

On May 8th Shane and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. That.Is.Nuts. Part of me feels like we just got married yesterday and then the other part of me can't remember when we weren't married. It's crazy. Man....what a 13 years it has been. SO many memories. Hysterical laughs. Sorrowful tears. Seeing the Lord move mountains. Walking through valleys I thought would never end. Still walking through some of those valleys. Working together in ministry seeing so many lives transformed right before our eyes. Many a summer spent in PCB, FL. Getting to travel across the world together. Joy. Pain. Loss....of a student....of a father...of a baby. HOPE. Seeing the Lord answer our prayers....and even giving us two instead of just one :). Redeeming and still redeeming our stories......13 years....you are a special gift to me, Shane. I don't tell you that nearly enough. You love me so well. I'm beyond grateful for you. I pray we have many, many more messy years together :)


Shane surprised me for our anniversary (well, actually a few days before our anniversary since he would be working all day and night on that day). He told me that morning to be ready to go at about 4pm and that a babysitter would be showing up then. I LOVE when the man finds a sitter. That could have been my entire anniversary gift right there. The end. BUT- it wasn't, there was even more! SO, I was ready to go at 4 to where ever it was we were going.....
COUPLE'S MASSAGE!! YES!! If anyone EVER needs to know what to get me for any kind of gift- the answer is always a MASSAGE. Good going, Shane. PERFECT start to the evening.

Waiting to get called back....
And this is what I got....A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
Next we headed to Fuego for Happy Hour.....2nd PERFECT! Happy Hour means a cheap but delicious marg......or fruity marg if you are Shane :)


And half-priced appetizers....like these DE-LISH Fuego rolls-YUM.

But, of course, Shane had to have some Fajitas as well....you know an appetizer isn't gonna fill him up :)  They were the bizz-om fajitas, though....super awesome.


Then we just hung out until it was time to go to the 3rd event of our anniversary date night.... the movies to see The Lucky One! I had been wanting to see it since it came out so I was super pumped! And it did not disappoint. Can't wait till it's on redbox so I can see it again :)
INCREDIBLE surprise anniversary date night, Shane. You have set the bar high for yourself for future May 8th's! :))) I love you! Oh, and P.S....An enormo thank you to the Fonti Fam for babysitting for our very long date. Ya'll are da bomb. Period.




No comments: