Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mother's Day...one week early :)


When we got back home after Steph's surprise party, the girls told me they had something for me. Shane said, "Well, I told them to wait until tomorrow, but they really want to give them to you now". I in turn am thinking....what's tomorrow? What could they possibly be wanting to give to me. I only think this though, I don't actually say it out loud.  A few seconds later, the girls appear with a potted plant, a balloon, and two cards and scream "Happy Mudder's Day, Mommy!!". Yes, I am very confused at this point but I hug them and say thank you and then turn to Shane and say, "Mother's Day isn't until next weekend." He then says back to me, "No it's not. It's tomorrow." I say, "No, really, it's not tomorrow. It's next Sunday. I promise." He says, "NO IT'S NOT. I looked at my calendar. It's tomorrow. Why would I get this stuff for you a week early?" I say, "I don't really know, but you did". He says, (with his voice very adamant) "Mother's Day is always the weekend of our Anniversary, so I KNOW it's tomorrow." I say, "Yes, that's right. And our anniversary is not until this Tuesday and  Mother's Day always follows our anniversary." He says, (still NOT believing that he is a week early), "Well, I don't believe you. I'm not an idiot. I looked at the calendar and it said it's tomorrow." I say, "Well, it's not till next Sunday, but thanks so much anyways :))))". He goes and looks at his calendar again so he can prove me wrong. He then hangs his head and says, "I'm an idiot.". I then say,  "BETTER a week early, than a week late." :) It was hilarious.

The girls were SOOOO excited about the plant and the cards they picked out for me....


It was SO funny to see the cards they got for me. They TOTALLY exemplified their personalities to a T!  Here is Gabbie's....Beautiful, elegant, shiny, with a "very boodiful butterfly" on the front, tied with a bow...very serious message. TOTALLY Gabbie....

She signed her name (upside down :) and drew hearts on it for me :))))


ANNNNND....then there's Jocie's.....with a cat on the front....
and when you opened the card this crazy group of dogs and cats start dancing and singing the loud, crazy song and Joc starts laughing histerically. TOTALLY Jocie! They are SO different and I LOVE it!  She signed her name, too, you just can't see it very well in the pic. 

The next morning Shane let me sleep in for an extra hour (THANK YOU JESUS) and when I got up he was in the kitchen making HOMEMADE whole wheat waffles. He even had looked up on-line to find out how to make homemade buttermilk to go in them. WHAT??!?! When I looked at him with a very happy, but surprised look he responds, "Well, since I'm already a week early, I just decided to go ahead and finish it all out so I don't have to worry about doing anything next weekend!" Ha! Great Mother's Day....even if it was a week early :))))


HayHay and Gigi came down the next weekend (actual Mother's Day weekend :) and they took the girlies to the store and they picked out these GIGANTOR butterfly balloons for me....SO sweet :)

1 comment:

The Edwards said...

haha this is so funny! Love that they're so different... and love that he made you homemade waffles!