Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Family Restaurant Outing


On Monday we decided to take a chance and go eat dinner "out" for the first time as a family. The girls are usually out of control around dinner time so we knew we were taking a chance for disaster :) Where did we go??? Chick-Fil-A of course. It's kind of middle ground....not a sit-down really nice restaurant, but not fast food either (at least in my opinion)..not to mention that I LOVE Chick-Fil-A... PLUS on Monday if you wore any sporting attire, you received free chicken strips (who could pass that up?!). SO, we loaded the girls up and headed to Chick-Fil-A. Surprisingly, they did AMAZING...not a peep from either one of them. This was definitely a small miracle! I think they were just in shock being around so many people and in an unfamiliar place. They just sat there with blank looks on their faces the whole time. It was quite humorous actually. Needless to say, Shane and I (along with our Kiwi friend Josh) were actually able to take our time eating and enjoy our dinner..(.that doesn't EVER happen at home). Maybe we should go to Chick-Fil-A EVERYDAY for dinner! Here are a few pics of our first family restaurant outing. I think the "hand-held" props are so funny. ...


6 comments:

nan said...

Hey Lajuan,
I am proud of yall! I remember it took me forever to go to the grocery store alone with Savanah after she was born. I couldn't believe something so simple could be so overwelming. I am glad you had a good dinner and could eat in peace. We miss you all and I really enjoy your blog and getting to see the girls grow. They are so cute! I'm glad Amy is there with you Tell her I said hello and tell shane Tony said hello.
love,
nan

danielle said...

That is great! I love the props that Shane is holding up. I know it was a nice break for you guys to do something normal.

Jena said...

I LOVE all of the posts and pictures. They are so great and the girls are just so yummy! Thanks for sharing Lajuan-
Jena (Ladner) Rasmussen

--Shelley said...

yeah for the outing. i hope now that they are getting older those events are easier.

Katie said...

Of course you know I love you children. But had to say this actually inspired be to get out and go get chick-fil-a right now. true story. so pat yourselves on the back, Blacks. Kudos.

Shrop

Bragans said...

So glad the Outing went well and the girls behaved so you guys could eat and not have to shoved food down. We still struggle to go out for dinner with Ella Joy. She has a hard time sitting still.