Tuesday, May 19, 2009

10 years?!?!?! What?!?!


Happy Anniversary to Us!!!
On May 8th, Shane and I celebrated our 10 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!! WHAT?!?!? I cannot believe we have been married for 10 years! And what a 10 years it has been......I am SO thankful that the Lord has blessed me with the most gracious, loving, caring, compassionate, and incredibly fun man in the entire universe! I would have never made it through these years without him by my side. He is a special gift from the Lord. I can't believe He gave him to me!

So, in honor of our anniversary, I wanted to post some fun pics from throughout the years. However, I could only go back so far b/c many of my pics were before the amazing era of digital cameras and I couldn't scan them because they are all packed away in storage at the moment. So, I had to use some I had on my computer.

The one above was the most romantic pic I could fine (haha). Oh, the days of take-over skits at Summer Beach Projects....fun times :)

The things one will do (or wear) for the sake of "ministry" . We could not be any "cooler"...seriously

This is a picture in honor of my "tan" years. Those are long gone since the girls arrived. Dang I was tan!! :)

These are our two "children", Zeke and Taco, that we had for the majority of our ten years. We thought it took alot to take care of them. We were mistaken :)

My 30th birthday. I was severely depressed b/c I was turning 30 (don't ask me why, I just was). The sweet students (thanks Georgie!) on summer beach project threw me a surprise birthday party along with tickets to see the American Idol tour. We were incredibly pumped as you can tell. We were totally obsessed with American Idol. We still are.

At the American Idol Tour. We acted like 13- year-olds. It was awesome!

This picture represents the zillion weddings we have had the privilege of being in. Shane has been in 49. I have been in 28.

This picture represents the 10 years of taking Christmas pics in front of someone else Christmas tree for our Christmas card. It was usually at whatever house we had the staff Christmas party at. Their Christmas trees were always so cool :)


Summer Beach Project. Shane has been on 15. Me, 12. The picture below says it all :)


This was at dinner shortly after we found out we were having twins! I was sick as a dog and couldn't eat anything, but I was ecstatic! We love you, Georgie! SO glad you were there to experience that day with us!

Shane is, ummmm, just a LITTLE paranoid when it comes to medical issues, health, really anything in that arena. He has gotten slightly better over our 10 years of marriage :) Here we are painting the nursery (with water based paint). He made me wear a mask of course.

This is just a couple of weeks before the girls were born. I love this picture.


For most of our 10 years of marriage, I never thought that I would get to have a picture of this....having our CHILDREN baptized. I'm SO incredibly thankful that God chose to give us a family. It was worth all the years of waiting and praying.

I love you, Shane! I pray for many, many, many more years together!!

13 comments:

--Shelley said...

how precious of a post. i love all the memories and how you categorized them. yall are both great and were both meant for one another.

Amy said...

LaJuan as I looked at all these pics I just teared up. God is so Amazing!!! I hope you guys had a wonderful anniversary. Oh and probably the tan will come back next year because you will be outside as much as possible to let them run off all their injurdy (energy as Jake calls it). Have fun this week play The settler of Catan. If you don't know what I am talking about give JK a day and you will.

The McNeills said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember back to the early years when you guys were just getting together and it makes me laugh! You have a beautiful family!

JD and Danielle said...

Happy Anniversary! 10 years is quite a milestone and i loved all the pictures. We definitely miss watching Idol with you guys!

Danelle said...

aw LaJuan. I want to know you better and I love getting to know your heart from your blog. I really enjoyed the pictures. How fun! Congrats on a decade together! Yay!

Jackie said...

LaJuan, I found your blog through Jennifer Werneth's blog. So fun to see all those pics! Congratulations on 10 years and two beautiful daughters. Sweetness.
Jackie

Bragans said...

Congrats on 10 years! That is a great milestone. I just need to send you some pictures from Disciple Now's in Troy back when you guys had just started dating. Won't ever forget you staying at my house and the first thing all of us could ask is ,"Are you dating Shane Black?" The Lord is good!

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Congrats!Love the pics!

Renae Moore said...

Congratulations LaJuan and Shane! I haven't visited for a while and have had fun catching up with the girls growth. You all are a fabulous family!
Love you!
Renae

Jennifer Werneth said...

so, so happy for ya'll! what a great 10 years! hope you have some sweet time together!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Congratulations you two! That last picture and caption made me teary-eyed! I'm so happy for y'all and your precious little family!

Katie said...

I just love you guys, but this you already know....SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!

nan said...

I love the pictures yall are so precious! love you nan congratulations on the anniversary!