Thursday, May 7, 2009

Weddings & Friends

Wedding #1 David & Jenna (Pensacola, FL)

Me and Jenna

So, this past month has been the wedding month for sure! We've had 3 weddings in the past 5 weeks! (and all of these were out of town). It has been adventurous to say the least :) We consider it such a privilege to be in someone's wedding. It is such an honor to stand up with someone on one of the most important days of their life. (Random Fact: Shane has been in 49 weddings during his lifetime. I have been in 30....that has GOT to be a record!)

The first wedding was David Lyle and Jenna Swilley. They were both students at South Alabama and were really involved with Campus Outreach. We've had the privilege of watching the Lord work in their lives for the past several years. Shane, unfortunately, could not go to this one because of school. This is the trip that Amy, me and the 4 kiddos took together in the van. The wedding was beautiful and it was so awesome to see so many of my friends/students at the wedding. Jenna-thanks for letting me be a part of your special day! Congrats!

Me with Jillian and Colleen. They are two students that I am very close with from South Alabama. Shane and I got to see both of them become Christians early in college and now they are graduating! (wow, that makes me feel really old :)

Me and Katie (also a former student from USA....LOVE YOU!!). Katie's mom opened up her house for me and the girls to crash in the week that we were in Mobile for the wedding (thanks again Mrs. Shrop!). My mom, Grandma, sister, and neice came over to watch the girls so I could go to the wedding alone (that was a peice of heaven!!). Thanks so much!

Bethany, Kristina, and Brynn (some Chi-O's from USA)
It was SO great to see ya'll!


This is my brother, Douglas, his wife, Juliet, and their son, Landon (wow! that was ALOT of commas...that definitely wasn't grammatically correct!) They came over to Mobile while we were there and came to church with me and the girls. Douglas and Juliet both became Christians several months ago. It is UNBELIEVABLE how the Lord has changed their lives. What a picture of Redemption! Isn't Landon the cutest!?!?


Wedding #2 Abraham & Kari (Gatlinburg, TN)

Bridesmaid's Luncheon
This was such a fabulous weekend for several reasons: 1. Kari...my bestest friend was getting married!!!!! to a amazing guy!!!! yay!!! Kari and I have prayed for this day for YEARS!!!!
2. Shane's mom and aunt volunteered to keep the girls in GA so that Shane and I could go to Kari's wedding and be "free" for a couple of days. THANKS SO MUCH!!! We had the best time! 3. The wedding was at this resort in the middle of the mountains and it was absolutely gorgeous! 4. We got to see so many of our close friends and the wedding was absolutely amazing! I love you, Kari (and Abraham:). We are SO excited for you guys!!!

Kari and I LOVE watermelon. For the past forever years, we would eat watermelon every single day on Summer Beach Project. We had a special "watermelon moment" before getting ready for the wedding :)

Beautiful Bride :)

Me and the hubby

Shane and I with Abraham and Kari right after they tied the knot

We all played volleyball at Troy State back in the day. I had not seen Emily (one on far left) for 9 years!!! Julia (far right) is now my sister-in-law...fun times :)

Shane with some guys from South and his two brothers (far left). Many of these guys became believers in college. It is SO cool to see how the Lord has grown them up in their faith and where He has placed them today.


Wedding #3 Chris & Mandi (Pensacola, FL)

This past weekend, we (me, Shane, and the girls) hoped in the sexy van and headed to Pensacola for Chris and Mandi's wedding. The girls don't sleep at all in the car so the trip was somewhat hectic, but being at the wedding made it all worth it! Chris became a Christian his freshman year in college and then Shane had the privilege of leading him and Justin H. in a Bible study for the next 5 years. Needless to say, they are VERY close. We feel like our son got married this past weekend :). We had the honor of getting to know Mandi very well too while she was a student at USA. It is so amazing to see the Lord bring these two together! Again, it was SO fun to see good friends. Two students from South, Kristina & Brynn, graciously volunteered to help with the girls during the rehearsal dinner and wedding. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!



Shane and I with Justin and Leah (and baby Hawarah #2)....we love you guys!!

John and Ariel (and baby Pilger #2 :)....yay!!! it was so great to see you guys!!

The Newlyweds....Kari and Abraham :)



1 comment:

Ariel said...

It was SO great to see you guys!! I didn't get my fix though...maybe we can make a trip to Orlando this summer!! Or maybe I'll just come and leave Jake at home! AHH!! Now THAT would be fun!!