Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Battle

Gabbie has always been "particular". She is very picky. She does not like change AT ALL. She is extremely strong-willed and opinionated....especially about FOOD. When she was a baby, she and Jocie would eat just about anything. I gave them all sorts of stuff and they ate it. Gabbie has always been a little weird with textures of food but overall she would eat most anything. Right before she turned two this all changed. I know that a lot of kids don't naturally like veggies. I get that. But the Gabster REFUSED to eat ANY kind of fruit as well!?! OK, that is a little weird to me. She used to eat fruit all the time but then about a year ago she "decided" she didn't like fruit anymore. She could totally be the poster child for the Adkins diet. Seriously. If she had her way she would eat eggs, cheese, and meat for EVERY meal. Oh, and goldfish for dessert and snacks. When we lived down in Orlando, Amy would make smoothies for the kids a lot and she would drink them. I've made smoothies on numerous occasions (trying to "sneak" in some good fruits and veggies into her diet) and she has completely refused to take even a sip. One day Shane and Gabbie went at it for an hour and a half before she finally took ONE TINY sip. Then she said, "oh, that's yummy". Shane then asked her if she wanted more. "No, thanks." She is SO strong-willed. So the other day I bought some strawberries. Jocie LOVES strawberries and was SO excited about having some for lunch that day. She would eat the entire carton if I let her. So, I decided that I was going to make Gabbie eat ONE TINY PIECE of strawberry at lunch. It's not that fruit makes her sick or hurts her in any way....she just REFUSES to even try it anymore. I knew it was going to be a battle. I didn't, however, expect it to be a ONE and A HALF HOUR battle! Yes, that is right. The girl just would not give in. She licked it. She wrapped her turkey around it and tried to let it "slip" out without me noticing it, she tried every trick in the book. I knew that I had to win this battle. It was imperative. She FINALLY put it in her mouth and chewed it up but REFUSED to swallow it. She kept it IN HER MOUTH for 45 minutes before she finally swallowed it. That's right....GEEEEEEZ....why is she SO strong-willed?? Where on earth did she get that from??? :)

The ENORMOUS reason for the battle :) Unbelievable.

1 comment:

Regan said...

Hysterical! Way to stand strong, though :).Sounds like she and KNox could be very good friends...