Saturday, March 5, 2011

Desperation = Destruction

I was desperate. Our bathrooms were DISGUSTING. I had been planning on cleaning them for about 2 weeks but just could never seem to get to it. Well, you know how it is....you just reach a point where you just can't take it any longer. I reached this point and decided that no matter what I HAD to clean our bathrooms RIGHT THEN. The girls were there (of course) and I knew that there was no way that I could clean if they were in there "helping me". So, I decided to turn on a video and go into the hall bathroom and shut/lock the door so I could get it cleaned. I knew it was a huge risk. I knew that they were capable of getting into who knows what. But I was desperate. I wanted clean bathrooms. That's all that mattered. It took me about 15 minutes to clean the hall bathroom. When I came out they were still where I left them....

I went into our room and shut/locked the bedroom door so I could clean our disgusting bathroom. There was more fungus growing in there than I had anticipated so it took me about 20 minutes to deep clean it. I heard them laughing, etc. so I knew they weren't just sitting in the chair quietly watching the video anymore but I decided to ignore the noise and finish the task at hand. All I wanted was clean bathrooms. Nothing else mattered. Well, when I finally was done cleaning the bathroom I walk out of our room and this is what I see.....
Then I walk to the sunroom and this is what I see.....
Both the living room and sun room were clean and in order before I went into my room to clean the bathroom. WHAT HAPPENED in 20 SHORT MINUTES???? Destruction. I knew they were capable of a lot but WOW...I must say that they shocked me with their quickness and completeness of destroying the two rooms that we spend the most time in.....BUT....I did have clean bathrooms. That's all that mattered, right? Geeeeeeeeez. What in the world was I thinking?!? :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ha, ha! I've so been there. Most of the time mine prefer more destructive substances though - vaseline, babypowder, sunscreen, etc. Did you know that sunscreen can strip paint?

Loved seeing you last week!

Demetrius and Amy said...

oh, you know better! at least it was all just temporarily destroyed right? i mean lets admit it...it could of been a good bit worse:)

i loved seeing them on skype. need to do it again asap. i about died when i looked into gabbies big brown eyes (although mostly i could just see joci's big cheesy smile fill the webcam:)

"see" ya soon i hope!