Monday, March 28, 2011

First Field Trip!

This past Friday my friend, Shay, and her two girls invited me and my girls to go on a field trip to Ft. Conde in downtown Mobile followed by a picnic lunch. The weather was gorgeous and I was pumped to have some variety in our typical very predictable daily grind. I know VERY little about history. It's really sad, actually. Shane was a history major in college and he is shocked by how ignorant I am when it comes to history. Anywhoo, I had no idea what Fort Conde was or that it even existed in downtown Mobile (yes, I have lived here for like 13 years and was completely clueless...thank goodness for friends like Shay who educate me on important things like the history of the city we live in, etc. etc. :) The girls were SO excited about going to a fort...even though they had no idea what a fort was :) We met up with Shay, Becca, and Ruby and started our field trip...

taking a juice break :)

Behind bars :)

We toured Fort Conde for about 20 minutes. That's about how long my girls would last there and not go completely nuts. It was cool learning about the history, etc. I felt SO much smarter when we were leaving :)

Afterwards we found a shady grassy area and had a fun little picnic. It was a fantastic first field trip...Great idea, Shay...can't wait for our next educational adventure!!
PS....During our entire outing the girls kept calling Becca and Ruby, Max and Ruby (from that cartoon on T.V.)...it was hilarious. No matter how many times I corrected them, they still said Max and Ruby. When we got in the car to come home they started singing the Max and Ruby theme song and said how much fun they had with them today. Too funny.

1 comment:

black tag diaries said...

so fun! i'm with you on the historical ignorance... lance thinks i am a complete moron sometimes:)