Monday, October 3, 2011

Girl's Beach Trip!!


This past Friday night and Saturday, a few girls from Grace put together a little beach getaway to Gulf Shores for whoever could get away for the night. Ummmm...yes, please. Sign this momma up!

There were about 15 of us that were able to make the trip. We met up Friday night at Cosmos for dinner....
But before dinner I definitely had to have one of these....
and several of us split some yummy appetizers....i.e....fried shrimp, their AMAZING cheese dip, and some sushi. I actually tried some of the fried shrimp rolls and thought they were really good. The first and last time I had tried sushi (which was about 8 years ago) I threw up in the restaurant right after I put it in my mouth....SOOOO, needless to say....this was a big deal for me!

The chicas:

Kim, me, Martha, and Liz....
Leslie and Katie....
Jennifer and Jill....
Lori, too-cool-for-school Robyn, and Katie....
and last but not least....Shelly, Amy, and Jenny....
What a fun crew!!


Katie was looking for something in her purse and ended up having to pour everything out of her bottomless pit bag to find it....wow. That's a whole lot of crap in one bag :)

Kim and I decided we needed a pic together since we probably haven't had one just by ourselves in like years....let's see, we met in May of 1997....dang, we've been friends for a long time :)
Group shot!
After dinner we went over to Martha's beach house and hung and for a couple of hours and ate some AMAZING yumminess that some of the girls had baked and brought for the weekend. I felt like I was about to explode because I was so full...but it was SO worth it!
About half the girls stayed the night at Martha's and the rest of us stayed the night at Katie's sister-in-law's beach house right down the road. I brought the necessities to ensure that I was able to sleep and to sleep as late as my body would allow me to....sound machine....check. Eye mask...check. Very strong sleeping pills....check. It was amazing. I didn't budge till 9am the next morning. It was glorious. When I stepped out on the balcony it was even more glorious....blue skies and warm...NOT HOT...temperature with NO humidity. Yes, I'll take that, thank you very much. We headed over to Martha's for breakfast and then out to the beach. It was fabulous. Some of us chatted on the beach and then went for a long stroll along the water. It was super relaxing and super fun. I had to leave right after lunch to head over to Jay for my mom's surprise 60th birthday party (that post is coming!!) but I was so glad that I had the opportunity to spend the night and half day at the beach with some fabulous ladies. A big thanks to girls that put this fun weekend together and also a big shout-out to the daddy for letting me go while he watched the kiddos by himself :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Have we really been gone that long? There are so many faces in those pictures of ladies I don't know from Grace! Looks like it was a fun trip!