Friday, October 7, 2011

Mom's Surprise 60th!!


Last Saturday we threw my mom a surprise 60th birthday party. My family had been planning this for a couple of months and as far as we knew, mom had NO idea about the party (which was a small miracle in my opinion :) The party was at my brother and sister-in-law's house. Douglas had called mom earlier in the day and asked if her and my dad wanted to come over for dinner at their house. When everyone arrived, we hid the cars down the road so she would still be clueless when she arrived.

Here is her cake I got from Publix. It was vanilla cake with fresh strawberry filling....YUMMY
My sis and the girls waiting for MawMaw to arrive...
My cousins, Michaela and Michelle
Uncle John (mom's youngest brother) and his wife, Jamie
cousin Jarod
Our friend, Mrs. Arnett and my Grandma
Aunt Kim and cousin Shannon

Uncle Clayton (my dad's older brother)....not sure why he looks like a wild man in this pic, but he sure does :)

Shane and the girlies
Landon, Ashton, and Kaylea passed the waiting time by wrestling :)

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, mom was completely shocked! I know this pic is a bit fuzzy, but her face is hilarious and proves that she was truly surprised :)

Everyone gave hugs and happy birthday wishes....




She couldn't stop smiling....

Mom and her cousin, Brenda

Mounted deer heads have so many uses.... :)

Shane saying the blessing. I snapped this pic since all 3 baldies were standing together :)
Fried chicken, of course, along with some yummy sides!
I made mom a scrapbook with pictures and letters to her from everyone. I also put together a slide show for her. It was a lot of work but so worth it!
Dad and Mom
The kids table....wild as ever!


All of the sudden Joc insisted that she needed a band-aid for her chin....only like 2 weeks after she hurt it :)
I forgot until about half-way through the party that I forgot to give mom her party hat!


Me, mom, and my sister-in-law, Juliet...oh, and I guess Jocie snuck in there too :)

Beautiful flowers from Jarod and lots of cards and gifts for mom...
Taking their time on their fried chicken :)
Mom and Emily
PawPaw and MawMaw with all the grand kids....
Cake time!!
Time for presents!! The kiddos always love to provide much-needed assistance with the opening of gifts :)

Cute
Family pic....I love how my brother is on his tippy-toes trying to look taller :)
It was such a fun surprise party!! We love you, Mom and are so thankful for you!!

1 comment:

Smith Fields said...

Ok so it is amazing to see your family now. Your girls look so cute love the hair cuts.